Plumbers, please follow these 4 steps to claim your blocked sewer identification fee:
Step 2: Identify where the blockage is and who's responsible for fixing it
- Once you have found a blockage in the sewerage system, the diagram (pictured left) can be used as a guide to identify who's responsible for fixing the blockage.
- If the blockage is on Unitywater's side of the property boundary, please call us on 1300 086 489. This is the responsibility of the plumber and not the customer.
- Make sure you (the plumber) have not: attempted to clear the blockage or charged the customer for works to identify a blockage within Unitywater-owned pipes.
- Our Customer Service Officer will record the blockage request and provide you (the plumber) with a job reference number.
- If you want to claim for identifying the blockage, you (the plumber) will need to record the job reference number we give you.
- Unitywater will attend to that blockage within four hours
How to avoid blocked sewer pipes
If you are having trouble locating a sewer connection point, CCTV is always a good option.
Alternatively, you can order a Detailed Infrastructure Plan for the customer to see if it can be located on a plan.
Please note: depending on the area and age of the property, sewer connection points aren’t always located on the Detailed Infrastructure Plan.
These are accessed from your local council:
No. The water meter is considered property of Unitywater. Please do not fix a leak at the water meter. Instead, please notify us by calling 1300 086 489 immediately.
If you happen to damage Unitywater infrastructure, please notify us by calling 1300 086 489 immediately.
As you will be aware, it’s illegal to connect a resident’s stormwater pipe to the sewerage network.
If you come across an illegal connection between the stormwater and sewerage network, please advise the customer that residents are required to rectify any inappropriate connections detected on their property by using a licensed plumber.
Advise the customer that you can rectify the issue whilst you are on site.