What you need to do:
Talk to your local council first and gain approval (as rules for additional dwellings can vary between councils).
Apply and pay for Unitywater to install new connections and alter any existing connections. We will undertake the work for you.
You may also need to pay an infrastructure charge. This charge offsets the cost of any extra demand your second dwelling may place on our water or sewerage networks.
What you need to get started:
To apply for connection of your second dwelling or duplex, you will need:
- the land owner’s consent, plus the owner’s consent for any property affected by the proposed work e.g. adjoining land through which access may be required
- the lot and plan number for your block
- a location plan showing your preferred location(s) for your new or re-located meters and the current location of any existing meter
- the meter number of any existing meter
- a floor plan of the new dwelling
- numbers and dates for any existing Unitywater or council approvals.
2 easy ways to apply:
Online at My Account under the 'My requests' tab
The process you should follow:
Within 5 working days: Issuing the decision notice
Within 10 working days: Issuing the ICN
A surcharge will apply for credit card payments (Mastercard and Visa) on Sundry accounts being paid at our Maroochydore and Caboolture counters or over the phone with the Credit Card Payment Authority form. Find out more.